Tuesday 12 July 2011

Mini Summer Haul

Hello there! I have done the odd bit of shopping recently just a few bits and pieces. I didn't go on a big shopping trip these are just a few bits I've picked up when I've been wondering around the shops at lunchtime. Does anyone else have this major problem - my office is in a town centre with really good shops which tends to be a nightmare for my bank balance! It seems slightly pointless to work all day and spend your wages at lunchtime hehe!

Anyways this is a few bits I've picked up over about six weeks so hopefully they will still be in the shops and even better you might even find them in the sales! Woohoo! (Sales also a nightmare for the balance!)

Sorry rubbish picture!
So first up I took a quick trip to Dorothy Perkins. I picked up these stone coloured chinos which are cropped just above the ankle. I must say I LOVE these trousers - it is soooo nice to find some trousers to wear that are not jeans! I'm definitely not the skinniest of girls and I also have very pale legs so sometimes during the summer I feel the need to cover my legs with more than leggings. These certainly do the job, they are a lovely light colour to wear in summer and aren't as hot as jeans to wear during the hotter days (when they do occur in Britain).

I also picked up a green boob-tube top which is a gorgeous colour, I would really like the one in dark blue but they never seem to have my size when I go in there.

Next up I grabbed a few pieces from New Look. I haven't shopped in there for a couple of years now, I felt like they went a bit downhill for a while but they seem to have rejuvinated themselves in the last 6 months or so.
I got a couple of tops one bright peachy pink seen in the picture below and a yellow top with capped sleeves. Sorry I can't find these on the website and the yellow top is in the wash at the moment. I also managed to get a Pocket T Shirt Dress in a stone colour - this was the reason I went into New Look. Louise of Sprinkle of Glitter showed this dress in a You Tube video and I really liked it so I went on the hunt for it.




I managed to grab a few accessories to add to the mix. I really like the leather wrist tie and it was a bargain in the accessorize sale at half price, down to £5. I also like the little brown string bracelet with the butterfly on with matching earings, which came from Boots. I'm really like this style of brown, festival chic style accessories to wear on the wrist, I feel like it is a very summery look but not as obvious as flower print styles.

Leather Bracelet - Accessorize £5 (reduced from £10)  Green Earings Set - Boots £3.25 (from £6.50)  Gold Bow Necklace - New Look  Brown Braclet & Butterfly Earrings - Boots 


Last but not least I picked up this bag, also in the Accessorize sale, a bonus at only £16 (half price). I'm starting a new job on Monday so decided I of course needed a new bag! I love the star print inside and there are two pockets on the front which is really useful. I'm going to be commuting by train for my new job so I needed a bag that was big enough to carry a book and my shoes, so I can wear trainers to walk to work. But I also wanted a bag that didn't look silly when there wasn't much in it if that makes sense. I also love the colour and like that I can wear it on my shoulder or across the body.















I hope this post wan't too long - just a few bits and pieces! Will try not to leave it so long this time - its like starting a diary ... when I was a teenager I used to start a diary every new year, saying I would write in it every day. I normally lasted until about the 3rd Jan - anybody else ever have that problem?

Anyhoo, last day at my current job tomorrow which I'm quite sad about really! I do get to go shopping for a new work wardrobe this weekend tho which I will share with you.

Hope you're all having a beautiful day! X x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...