Tuesday 20 September 2011

Benefit Make Up Purchases

I recently picked up a couple of items from the Benefit counter that I have decided to share with you...

I went to the counter at the Debenhams on Oxford Street after to work the other day. I didn't really get any customer service which I was a bit disappointed about but luckily I knew what I was planning to get. Do you ever find that with make up counters?



Anyhoo, firstly I have wanted to pick up a primer for a while now and have decided to try out the "Porefessional". This makes my skin so smooth to touch its amazing, I love it. I wouldn't say it is a miracle cream but I have noticed a difference in the appearance of my daily make up. I wear Mac Mineralized Skin Finish natural on my face. I feel like I have quite large pores, particularly to the side of nose and I do think this primer makes a slight difference.

Second up, I needed to repurchase my "Boing" concealer as I hit pan a few weeks ago. However, I decided to spend £10 more and get the "Confessions of a Concealaholic". I figured as this set contains Boing, it would be worth spending the extra tenner to have the chance to try out these extra products.

The set comes with:
Boing Concealer in shades 1 and 2
I have used shade one for a few months now and as I said I was intending to repurchase, which correctly suggests that I do like this product. I have been using on both my dark circles and my chin (I have some acne scarring here), however, since I bought this set I have just been using it on my chin. I find this has good coverage and last a credible amount of time. Its easy to use, either with the small brush provided or by patting on with your fingers. My only quibble here is that I doubt I will ever use the shade 2 because I'm so pale.




Erase Paste in Shade 2
I was excited to try this. I have been using it under my eyes and although its probably not the best match for my skin colour, it is doing a very good job at covering my very dark circles! The only tip I would give is, if you are starting to get a line or two under your eye (yes I am - and at 24 its so depressing!), don't use too much! It has quite a thick consistency and just accentuates any lines!

Lemon Aid Eye Primer
I am a devout user of urban decay primer potion. That said I love this, it kept my eyeshadow in place all day, smells gorgeous and might just be tempting me in its direction!


Eye Bright Highlight
I have this product already, for those of you in the UK it came free in pencil form in Glamour magazine a couple of years ago. I use it occasionally in the inner corner of my eye, particularly when I need to look wide awake (perfect for early morning meetings!). Its handy having it in this set, but I think I prefer to apply using the pencil because I think you get a thicker, more noticeable application (or perhaps I just need to go to bed earlier before meetings!).

That Gal Primer
I wasn't so bothered about this product as I had also purchased a primer. However, where as the Porefessional is designed to reduce the appearance of pores, this is designed to give you a gorgeous glow to the skin. Again I wouldn't say this is a miracle cream but I did notice a difference in my skin when I used it. I felt like I had a dewy glow to my face, without looking shiny!



That's it for now folks. I did get some more make up from Boots but I didn't want to make this post too long (think I failed though!). I will do another post this week with all the make up I bought at Boots.

Hope you are all keep well! And I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to my first two followers ... its so exciting to know that someone is reading my general chit chat! Have a wonderful day! X x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...