Tuesday 8 November 2011

Mac Glitter and Ice

As you may all be aware the Mac Holiday collection is now available in the UK, so off I popped to my local Mac counter on Sunday.
Loving the new Mac bags

I had two planned items on my shopping list and intended to check out the rest of the collection while I was there. Unfortunately, I wasn't enthused by much else in the collection.

As I mentioned in my October favourites, I am really loving my Mac Paint Pots at the moment, so I decided to purchase some more. There are three in the holiday collection: Let's Skate, For Effect and Morning Frost. 

I picked up the Let's Skate and Morning Frost. The For Effect paint pot is a darker greyish colour and I wasn't convinced I would wear it all that often.

Morning Frost ... and Let's Skate

 You can hopefully see from the picture that they are both fairly glittery, but to be honest that is to be expected of a holiday collection and for that matter a collection called Glitter and Ice (kind of a does what it says on the tin product!) Just in case you can't see all the glitter, this picture probably shows it better...
Glittery Swatches :-)

Morning Frost is a gorgeous metallic taupe colour with I would say a hint of champagne. Its a really beautiful colour that is suitable for the day and could easily be used for the evening with some heavier eyeliner and mascara.The metallic sheen is perfect for this season and the glitter adds a Christmas sparkle. There is less glitter in this one making it absolutely suitable for the office.

Let's Skate is a pretty baby/frosty pink colour with lots of glitter. Perhaps not an option for work but absolutely wonderful for evenings or to make you're eyes pop on a weekend day. I would say this colour could be worn with not a lot more eye make up as the colour can really stand on its own.

I would recommend both of these as two beautiful colours to add or even start your Mac Paint Pot collection. I wouldn't rule out For Effect either, it just didn't suit my skin tone. I would say though, that these were both sold out on the Debenhams website so I would skip along to Mac as soon as you can if you fancy these.

Hope you're all keeping well. Did you get anything from the collection or any other Christmas collection, I would love to hear your recommendations!?
X x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...