Saturday 20 October 2012

My New Winter Coat from Zara



It’s that time of year again when the weather is turning bitterly cold and it just doesn’t seem to stop raining (I believe this may be a British thing). However, there are two good things about this: there is nothing cosier than sitting with hot chocolate on a Sunday night watching the X-factor results and there are new winter coats to buy in all the shops!

I made my necessary winter coat purchase last week on a trip to Westfield Stratford (never been – AMAZING!). I found mine in Zara. It is gorgeous.

I wanted to purchase a grown up, black, smart, on trend coat. I wasn’t asking for much huh? But I did indeed find what I was looking for.



The cut of this coat is flattering, the belt nipping me in at the waist; the straight shape creating a smart silhouette and the neck creating an air of sophistication, with the added benefit of keeping my neck warm. 



















The gold hardware is smart yet fashionable and adds a gentle nod to the military style without detracting from the smart, sophisticated design of the coat. The zip pockets are very secure but are a tad annoying as you can’t keep your hands warm in your pockets – this could be a great excuse for purchasing some new gloves this winter!

Sorry about the poor quality photos, not sure what happened to these but hopefully you get the gist!

The only criticism is the coat is not that thick and I am concerned that come full on winter, it may not be as warm as I might hope. However, I think thick arctic ready coats are not likely to appear in a smart, refined form. I am therefore happy to keep this coat for the pre and post arctic conditions of autumn and spring.
 
I am in love with this coat and it was an absolute steal at £119. When I bought it home my partner thought it was easily £250 - £300, so it looks a lot more expensive than it is. 

Let me know what winter coats you have your eye on!
Keep Well Xx

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking for a new writer coat and this is just gorgeous <3 really smart the sort of thing you could wear year after year.i want it!!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this coat <3 im looking for a new coat at the moment but i just can't decide! all the ones i want are more fashionable rather than practical ha x

    Keep it up x
    looking forward to more of your posts x
    www.divagirlstrikesagain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...